SEX SHOULDN’T SELL- by Kali, Ena, Isabel
NO LONGER SHouLD DiSEMBODIEd, DEHUMANIZED, OBJECTIFIED, and IDEALISTIC FEMALE BODY PARTS SELL FUCKING UNIMPORTANT PRODUCTS FOR MASS CONSUMPTION. WE WANT TO BE REPRESENTED AS MOTHERFUCKIN HUMAN BEINGS, NOT AS DISPOSABLE OBJECTS MANIPULATED TO SATISFY THE MALE GAZE. MY BRAIN IS SEXIER THAN MY GODDAMN ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!! SEX SHOULDN’T FUCKING SELL CORPORATE BULLSHIT; we are reclaiming our bodies, and reattaching them to our OWN FUCKING MINDS.
Our Goddamn MAniFesto (a list of inherent human rights that for some reason are not)
- NO MORE disembodied female body parts used to sell products in corporate advertisements. we demand women be represented as, FIRST and FOREMOST fully fucking formed human beings, with minds, emotions, and goddamn VOICES. WE want to SPEAK FOR OURSELVES, ABOUT OURSELVES
- ITS no LONGer ENOUGH to portray healthy or NORMAL women’s bodies in a “”””””””Feminist”””” advertisements. THERE IS NO NORMAL WOMEN’s BODY, our GENDER MUST NOT BY NORMALIZED BY THE IDEALS OF THE PATRIARCHY.
- A WOMEN’S BODY AND FACE MAY no longer BE EGREGIOUSLY MAniPUlated by PHotoShOPPING SCUMBAGS. ADVERTISEMENTS MUST REFLECT REALITY, and NOT represent the IDEALIZED AS NORMAL, AS ATTAINABLE.
- DEHUMANIZED WOMEN’S FUCKING BODY PARTS SPECIFICALLY CANNOT BE USED TO SELL PRODUCTS ANY LONGER. Corporations must find another way in which they can sell their products in magazines and on television, because degrading women’s bodies shouldn’t be profitable.
- WOmen MUST Be REPreSENTED by WoMEN Themselves, for the consumption of other women. NO LONGER should we be subject to the constraints of the MALe Gaze, we will no longer be products made BY and FOR men.
- We ENVISION A FUTURE with ADVERTISEMENTs that represent women AS WE WISH TO BE PORTRAYed, not as DEHUmANIZED BODY PARTS, NOt AS SEX OBJECTS. ITS quite simple really, I WANT TO REPRESENT MY WHOLE BEING.
Corporations and advertising companies may no longer use photoshop to digitally manipulate women’s bodies and faces to sell their merchandise. Every woman represented in an advertisement must be truly herself, as she wishes to be portrayed. We recognize it is impossible to completely remove women from the advertising world, because without one half of the population represented, this picture too would be incomplete. However, we are fed up with the dehumanization, objectification, and degradation of women to sell products in magazine’s and on television. Because of this, we demand that women no longer be fragmented, her whole body must be represented in the way in which she would like to be seen. The only way to represent fairly is through self representation, so therefore corporations and men in general may no longer be in charge of representing women’s bodies. We want to take back control of what is inherently and naturally ours, the only thing which we may always call our own, our bodies. Our media campaign is titled “Sex Shouldn’t Sell,” and simply means that. We want to use deconstructed and detoured images taken from sexualized and degrading advertisements to draw attention to this fragmented injustice. Our campaign is centered around education, drawing attention to corporations that are specifically using objectification to sell their products. We recognize that the sexualization of women’s bodies is so deeply engrained into our modern culture, making our mission particularly difficult, but we feel as though this is the very first step towards making a tangible change.